Thursday, November 29, 2007

Giving Thanks for Mousetraps....

Ugh. We returned from Thanksgiving to find mouse poop on the kitchen counter. I was sooo grossed out. Having mice in the garage is one thing, but in the kitchen...that's a whole new ballgame. I went to the basement to do laundry...more mouse poop. We're into the double digits of mice we have caught this week and hopefully nearing the end. (?) I really should have expected mice in this older house but for some reason, I just thought that wouldn't happen. Oh well - before I started to freak out too much, I did remind myself that I love my house and I'm so thankful for it....so really mice are not that huge of a deal. I keep telling myself this anyway.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! We traveled to Maryland to see my family and had a good time with them. We were able to see family that we haven't seen since last year at this time, so that was really nice. Jackson did great and wasn't too shy, he was giving out hugs & kisses to everyone like he saw them all the time!

Here's my favorite picture of the weekend:

Jackson and Pap (my Dad)...who he calls "Ba" or "Bap"

Jon and I are looking forward to another weekend of traveling...this time just the 2 of us. We are going to visit Joelle at PBU and attempt to get some Christmas shopping done! Jackson will be spending Friday night with Nana & Peeps, and we'll be back Saturday afternoon. Then next week I plan on decorating for Christmas! Normally I would have this done by now, but we are *hopefully* getting some overhead lighting put in our living room this week so I thought I would wait until that is done. Right now our house is pretty dark so I'm excited to not be living in a cave anymore!!

5 comments:

Susanne said...

Two reasons to be thankful for your little pennsylvania mice...
1) My cousin is currently in the peace corps in Africa in some remote village sleeping in a hut. She got word to us that she was bit in the middle of the night by a huge African mouse

2)I read an article just yesterday actually about this island off the coast of Alaska called "rat island" where the rats are so big they have taken over the whole island and are eating all the birds and small animals. Planes are going to have to drop huge bombs of rat poison.

It can't possibly get as bad as that...feel better????

Jen said...

Have fun shopping this weekend - how nice to be able to get away and get that done with your husband!

Jena said...

I would say, "At least it isn't ___." But I hate mice with a passion. Hopefully the little rodents are soon gone...is Jake getting all these mice or is he feeling overwhelmed at this point? :-)
That picture is SO, SO cute! Could be Jon a few years ago!

Jodi said...

I'm feeling for ya! We have been having our garage doors open, because Kevin is building the lockers, so now we have a "friend" that we knew was in the garage, but RIGHT NOW it is in our family room. I HEAR IT!! I'm about to scream, but I must wait until Kevin gets traps (after work) because I'm babysitting the six today!! UGH!!!

Anonymous said...

I don't know, double digits is getting kinda extreme in my book... yucky.