Tuesday, June 24, 2008

If you like to talk to Tomatoes...

Jackson and I are of course VeggieTales fans, and today we made the drive over to Palmyra to see a FREE showing of The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything! It was Jackson's first movie in an actual movie theater and he did great! I was a little disappointed that the movie wasn't very....veggietalish.....no theme song, no Bible lesson, no Bob the Tomato! But Jack still recognized lots of other characters and the movie definitely kept his attention. And hey, it was free! (but then again, when I started calculating the gas it took to get over there....) I did bring my camera but didn't get any cute pictures, so I have some non-Jackson pictures instead....


This is what I ended up making with more of my strawberry supply (I made 2 but the other one was well on it's way to being gone by the time I took the picture) I also made 12 more jars of jam - this time strawberry banana. Haven't tried it yet. Hope its good - 12 jars is a lot if it's not!



This is my favorite yard sale find of the weeked - a great vintage wire basket - currently holding my fruit but it may earn its way to other spots in the house as well. 50 cents!

3 comments:

Terri said...

first off love the basket! secondly...glad you got to go to the movies! We went to just about every one last year and I had planned on taking the girls today to see the veggietales movie, but decided I had too much that needed to be done here. Glad Jackson liked it though!!! Have you tried Movies in the Park...it's another of our favorite freebies:)

Anonymous said...

wow, that pie looks like something i could handle about now.

Nancy said...

I must say that the pie was delicious!! I wish I would have known about the FREE movie. I am sure that Carter would love to go. Anyway I love your new basket... maybe we should yard sale together sometime. You always have great finds.